Friday, June 17, 2011

The Lone Cat: sittin' in a tree, livin' the life


This was another article that I bookmarked a while ago to remind myself that I definitely wanted to blog about it because it's such a sweet story.

Ron Venden has been taking care of a cat (awesomely named Almond!) for about as long as the kitty's been born. The cat makes it's home in the maple tree where it was born and has pretty much never left--literally!!

People in town have never seen paw prints in the snow during the winter...but there really isn't a need to leave in the first place since Venden has built a mini-tree house for the cat and provides it with daily water and food.

I love that Venden never tried to capture the cat to make it a "house pet," but instead decided to leave the cat in his/her natural place of comfort and catered to its needs. So it's not as if the cat roams the streets creating trouble....Almond just hangs out in his/her tree and watched the highway a few miles away and people watch from up above (but who doesn't love to people watch though--REALLY?!?!)

It's nice to know that this man is being nice and caring for the cat just out of the simple love of his heart! I mean....if I was feeding a cat, I better be able to cuddle it or poke its face or something to the like whenever I please!! But I'm a little selfish like that :)

read the full article HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment