Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Ustream: live action 24/7

I've only recently begun to realize the great awesome-ness that is the internet. Although it's definitely got it's scary side, the internet has been a unique tool in getting information out to the world....whenever. wherever.

My friend and I send regular e-mails to each other regarding our life and funny things that happen and she knows I'm a suck for animals. So she sends me this live action link to puppies being born.

Regular people allowing the world to sneak peak on their lives. In this case...a link to a family's rescue dog giving birth to a whopping 12 puppies (2 were stillborns, but 10 live healthy and snuggly!) The 400 some-odd viewers were SO touched by the efforts of this brave rescue mama and her human helpers that people began donating money to the shelter which the animal came from!! How amazing is that?? remarkable!

I browsed the Ustream site a little and found that there's a 24/7 live stream for just about anything! From pets&animals to entertainment and music. All at the push of a button.

This is not the first time that I was introduced to Ustream...a few weeks ago I was introduced to the Decorah Bald Eagles from Iowa that hatched 3 cute little chicks via their live stream---how cool is that??

So while it still sounds a little creepy to me that one would want to have a live stream of their own lives continuously broadcast to the world....I could see why people might want to do it. You can send a message so quickly to SO many!

Anyways, this is just a post about my fascination with the many live streams I've been watching today :)

Click here to watch Mayme and her 10 pups wiggle around!

Click here to watch the Bald Eagles take care of their cute chickies!

No comments:

Post a Comment